Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Response To Music



Let’s talk about music.  Funny, I’m just going to write what music makes me feel.  Without the sultry sounds of classical piano or a deep round synth, I would be lost. Music is my “everything”.  I relate people to every song I listen to. It helps me to create memories.  Fond, and not so nice… I don’t have a favorite band, or genre. Though, I cannot stand Country or Pop.  The Lyrics are meaningless, repetitive.  The message behind a chorus like “She’s got a beer gut”-  It’s negative.  It’s repulsive, primeval even.  I prefer a song that gives me goose bumps.  A song that makes my heart thud. I want a song to make me feel relaxed, or content.  That inspires me. Makes my mind fall to ease. I want each word, each note, to make colors fly, Hearts break… music is a part of who I am.

1 comment:

  1. "I want each word, each note, to make colors fly, Hearts break" How beautiful is that??? Thanks, Cat.

    ReplyDelete