Kurt Cobain
This is Curdt Kobane,
Tattered Jeans from the store
He bought them like that
Now they're all patched up
Heavy sunglasses keep sliding
Down the bridge of his nose
A Ciggarette clings to his fingertips
Constantly Relighting it
Shoes are new, too tight
Kept his old laces
They're all loose and frayed
And the camera flashes hurt his eyes
Drenched in old sweat
The Blue Collar chokes him
Instead
Wants "XLarger-than-Life" Size
Bent Backward
Guitar twisted spine
Hasn't showered for days
Roasting under the lime-light
So one of my favorite college boyfriends looked just like Kurt Cobain. I met him on the stairs at a party and told him just that. That's how we got together. I ran into him at the DMV last year. He's clean-shaven now, but I remember him grungier and wilder.
ReplyDeleteHow clever your lines about The Blue Collar choking him...such an observant description here.
Thanks for jogging some fun memories for me...