Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day Dreams


It’s a quet night. As I wait for my Ipod to charge, I’m watching TV. When I hear the suttle ding from the corner of the counter, I snatch up a blanket, my iPod and head outside. My dog’s sad eyes are there to grip my stare. I held the sliding door open, letting her escape the hot air. I spread the blanket out on the back deck. The sharp twists of cloth cause a motion sensor to go off. The porchlight comes on.
I lay down, and put one arm behind my head. When my headphones are in, I let the lyrics take me away.

“ I’ll pick you up and take you where you want, anywhere you want”
The bass echoes in my ears.
I crop the night sky like I would one of my pictures. My eyes are fixed on the stars. Im watching them gleam and sparkel as they move across my “make-shift” horizon line. As the motion sensor timer clicks off, so does the light. Its in this moment, I can finally rest. I rais my moon-kissed arm, white against pitch black. I remember my back tensing and arching forward, lifting my hand higher, to the stars…they were so close, I couldv’e touched one.

1 comment:

  1. We should turn this into a free-verse poem for Think. (and include one of your photos, too?)...I'll be checking back with you on that. Such lovely details...

    ReplyDelete